Trivago is an online hotel search platform used for hotels and travels price/rate management. It is not a booking site or accommodation providers like Hotel.com, Booking.com, Kayak, and Google Flights etc. but serves as a channel that allows users to access the best bookings available.
This is done by interacting with the Online Booking Site’s databases and displays accommodation offers in response to consumers’ searches. There are currently over 400 Online Booking Sites on Trivago.
The site was created in 2005 and recently owned by Expedia. It operates in over 190 countries and has up to 40 languages. Being owned by Expedia didn’t stop the site from listing other booking platforms. Aside from the website, it has a mobile app that is easier to use.
Exploring the Features of Trivago
There are lots of features on Trivago.com that helps users to navigate its services. Some of them are;
- Advanced Filters: The Trivago filters is a model in line with other related hotel booking sites. The feature let you filter results by star rating, distance from key landmarks, nightly rate, amenities, and hotel name. It can further be used to help find child-friendly hotels, have on-site amenities like a casino or spa, and hotel niches like a theme hotel, spa hotel, or a health resort.
- Trivago-only Prices: Trivago didn’t have a rewards program like Priceline, Expedia, or Hotels.com that allow you to earn points for each purchase that can be redeemed for reward travel. However, you can earn this reward through Trivago as it will end up directing you to these websites.
- Show Top Deals: This feature only shows hotels with sharp markdowns. In short terms, it allows you to easily choose the best rate of the available booking.
- Activities: This feature is newly created which is in partnership with TUI Group. It connects the users to over 55,000 activities, excursions, tours and more across the globe. All the activities can be cancelled 24 hours before they begin.
- Weekends: This was created to provide users with great accommodations and experiences within a radius of 100-200 miles away for weekend getaways, a thing that started during the pandemic.
- Trivago Map: This feature helps users to look for better hotels based on location. This is usually done after you enter your search criteria, a list of results as well as a map will then be loaded.
How to Create Login Details for Trivago
You can create Trivago login details using your Facebook ID, Apple ID or Google account. Also, you can decide to create the login details using an email address, which might involve further steps.
The steps taken to create Trivago login details with email address is highlighted below:
Step 1: Log on to https://www.trivago.com/ on your browser
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the human icon at the top right
Step 3: Scroll down and click on “create account”.
Step 4: Enter your email address and select password (minimum of 12 characters)
Step 5: Then click on “Register”. You will be taken back to the homepage.
The same process can be carried out on a Mobile devices after downloading the Trivago App for mobile. The App is available for both Android and iOS devices. Use the button below to download the new Trivago mobile app;
How to Use Trivago.com to Compare Hotels (Find Cheap Hotels Around)
Basically, Trivago allows you to find and compare prices of hotels of your desire easily from different websites. The steps to find cheap hotels are below:
Step 1: On the homepage, enter the place you want to go
Step 2: The enter your desired travel dates and click on search button
Step 3: The Trivago automatically hotel search engine compare accommodation prices
Step 4: For better search results, simply filter by price, distance, star category, facilities and more. From budget hostels to luxury suites, Trivago makes it easy to book online.
Step 5: You will be redirected to another site where you will book proper.
Easy (Safety) Tips for Use Trivago
Here are some basic tips for using Trivago to meets your needs:
- Ensure to carefully examine the hotel booking website you use before making a reservation.
- Always check the reservation dates and hotel rates properly to avoid issues that arise from rate changes and the likes.
- Set Trivago to the language you understand most. Scroll down on the homepage to change to your preferred language.
- Read the hotel’s cancellation policy before making reservations.
- Note that the bookings made through Trivago don’t include taxes and prices are per room not per person.
- The default currency for booking is USD, there are other 50 currencies which can be used instead.
- Using Trivago can earn reward consistency using the it for booking.