A new scholarship host is accepting applications – The Lund University Global Scholarship Program 2021/2022.
Lund University based in Sweden is elated to call for applications for the Lund University Global Scholarship 2021.
Facts About Lund University Global Scholarship Program
The Lund University Global Scholarship program aimed to attract top academic students who are citizens of countries from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland).
Lund University is among the top 100 universities. The university is ranked in the top 0.4 percent of global universities. Due to its enviable heights, Lund University attracts high achieving students from across the world.
The Lund University Global Scholarship program is specially designed to recognize these exceptional students by awarding grants for academic excellence.
All Lund University Global Scholarship grant recipients must have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in their previous studies. It is based on these prerequisites that they are assessed as a good fit for the scholarship programs. The scholarship is selective, competitive, and merit-based.
Scholarship grants may cover 25%, 50%, 75%, or up to 100% of the tuition fee. The scholarship percentage awarded depends on the budget available to the program/faculty. It has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence.
Please note that scholarships are toward tuition fees only and that living costs are not covered. Scholarship recipients must still be able to fund their living costs, as per the requirements of the Swedish Migration Board. Top academic students have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in previous studies.
Level/Field of study Covered in Lund University Global Scholarship program
The scholarships are available for pursuing the Undergraduate and Masters in any of the fields in the University.
Lund University Global Scholarship Host Nationality
The scholarship is hosted by the Lund University, Sweden.
Lund University Scholarship for International students (countries from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland).
Lund University Global Scholarship program Benefits
- Scholarship grants may cover 25%, 50%, 75%, or up to 100% of the tuition fee. The scholarship percentage awarded depends on the budget available to the program/faculty. It has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence.
- Please note that scholarships are toward tuition fees only and that living costs are not covered. Scholarship recipients must still be able to fund their living costs, as per the requirements of the Swedish Migration Board.
Number of Scholarships Awarded
The number of offers was not specified
Eligibility for the Lund University Global Scholarship program
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country from outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) and are required to pay a tuition fee
- You have applied for Bachelor’s or Master’s level studies in the regular application rounds for a minimum of one semester of study (30 ECTS)
Lund University Global Scholarship program Application Procedure
To apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship, the following procedures must be followed:
- You must first apply for the program (s) or free-standing course(s) you wish to study at Lund University using the online, national application website, www.universityadmissions.se, during the application period.
- Once you have made a complete application to a degree program or free-standing courses of at least 30 ECTS credits and paid the application fee, you will be able to apply for the scholarship.
- As part of this online application, you need to upload your scholarship ‘motivation letter’ (maximum 600 words). Please note that the scholarship “motivation letter” is different from any statement of purpose you may be required to submit as part of your program application documents. Your scholarship personal “motivation letter” should explain why your academic performance and reasons for applying to Lund University make you an appropriate recipient for a Lund University Global Scholarship.
- You can only apply for one Lund University Global Scholarship per program or free-standing course. However, it is still possible for you to apply to other scholarships, such as (for example) the Swedish Institute scholarships.
The application period for the LU Global Scholarship for autumn 2021 studies will open in early February 2021.
Once the scholarship application period starts, the link to the application portal where you make the application and upload the motivation letter will be published here on this page.
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarships for Study in Sweden